Thursday, July 30, 2009

Xbox 360 controller for Windows


Frustrated by not being able to use my (admittedly ancient) Sidewinder joystick with Racedriver GRID, I've invested in an Xbox 360 controller for Windows. Now I am able to enjoy GRID to the full, and bloody good it is too (even if my driving isn't). Just about everything you need to play the game is on the controller, and works perfectly. It comes in wired and wireless versions (I chose wired) and includes vibration feedback. As with all Microsoft hardware, it is extremely well built - I've already managed to drop it on the floor with no ill effects whatsoever. And the great thing about the controller over a steering wheel (apart from the cheaper price) is that you can use it with other, non driving, games such as GTA IV and Bioshock. It can also, of course, be used with an Xbox 360. So no reason not to get one I'd say...

Right, GRID is such a beautiful game that I couldn't resist a screenshot of my (somewhat battered) car:

0 comments:

Post a Comment