Friday, June 19, 2009

Tongass Fjords X

The much-anticipated Tongass Fjords X has now been released, and I downloaded it today. Tongass Fjords was created by Holger Sandmann and Bill Womack, neither of whom require any introduction for hardened flight-simmers. With a pedigree like that, you know it will be good and it is. No, scratch that - it is GREAT, quite simply the best scenery add-on I have seen for any flight sim, period. Covering a slice of Alaska and British Columbia larger than Switzerland in unprecedented detail, Tongass Fjords enables you to truly explore a vast area, with beautiful vistas wherever you look, and surprises over every ridge. Highlights include true coastlines and rivers, real glaciers, photoreal areas, ships and boats, traffic, custom buildings, sounds and numerous airstrips and seaplane bases. I've only just scratched the surface, but already it is clear to me that you can have your own adventures exploring a truly diverse scenery that is the closest I have yet seen to reality in a flight sim. If you are a bush-plane fanatic, or even if you just enjoy flying low and slow and enjoying the view, Tongass Fjords is a must-have add-on for FSX. Here are a couple of screen shots I took on my first flight:


0 comments:

Post a Comment