Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Shop Around

Spurred on by my recent purchase of Empire: Total War, I thought I would do something I've been meaning to do since it came out, and that is buy the Medieval II: Kingdoms expansion. Being English, I had always fancied doing the Brittania campaign and kicking some Welsh/Scots/Irish ass. So, where to buy it? Well, these days I think first about downloading new games rather than buying boxed versions, so I began by going to Steam. They had it, for £8.99, but it would only work with the download version of the game. Next, I went to Direct2Drive. Their download works with both the download and the boxed versions of the original game, but they are selling it for £19.50, which I think was the full price when the expansion was originally released two years ago. Sorry, I thought, but I'm sure I can do better than that.

And I did. I found it on Amazon for the somewhat lower price of £3.99 plus postage, a total of £5.92. That's a small price for a hell of a lot of game. Ok, I didn't get it straight away as with a download, but Amazon (actually 4GamersUK) lived up to their usual high standard - ordered over the weekend, dispatched on Monday, arrived on Tuesday. Can't say fairer than that. So, the moral is: shop around.

I may be doing a review of Kingdoms later, but for now, here's a screenshot I took:

1 comments:

Unknown said...

It is always a good idea to shop around, especially nowadays. I remember when one could only buy games from friends or the big box retailers, but now, you can get just about anything online dirt cheap.

Great post, looks like a cool game too.

Post a Comment