Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Anno 1404: My Kingdom for a decent manual

There may be a good game in here somewhere. Unfortunately, the lack of a decent manual or proper tutorial is making my experience so frustrating that I may just give up and never find out. The manual, such as it is, contains just 8 pages explaining how to play what is clearly a complex game, plus a list of keyboard shortcuts. Hopeless. As a result, I've been blindly using trial and error (usually error) to try to find out what I'm supposed to be doing, and how to do it. How can a game developer potentially waste years of development on a game for the sake of the cost of putting together a reasonable manual and/or tutorial? I shall persevere a bit longer, but my patience is running out...

Meanwhile, here is another screenshot:

0 comments:

Post a Comment