Friday, May 29, 2009

MX Revolution Mouse

OK, I've now had the chance to give my new Logitech MX Revolution mouse a thorough testing, and here's my report.

Firstly, and most importantly, how does it perform in games? I've read some reports that it has a problem with occasional lag - i.e. not keeping up with the action. Well, I'm pleased to report that I've not had this problem. It performs impeccably, and just as well as any wire mouse that I've ever used. I had no problem in Half Life 2 (where quick reactions are obviously essential), and I've also handed it over to a professional gamer (i.e. my son), who had no problems either.

So, what can it do that other mice can't? Well, for gamers it has 'game mode settings', which enable you to customise such things as mouse speed and button assignments for particular games. Otherwise, it has a fast scroll (useful for quickly going through long documents), a horizontal scroll feature, a search button (highlight a term on a page and instantly search it in your favourite search engine), back and forward buttons (great for going through browsing history) and, coolest of all, a 'document flip' feature, enabling you to flip between open applications on the desktop:


My son reported a slight discomfort with his thumb, due to the side scroll wheel (used by the document flip feature), but I didn't experience this - maybe I don't grip my mouse so tightly!

Battery life? A full charge gives about 2 weeks use, and probably more if you remember to switch the mouse off when not in use. I suppose it could be a pain running out of charge when you want to use it, but still the mouse looks waay cool sitting in its charging cradle.

In short, I'm loving the features of my MX Revolution, and will certainly miss them every time I have to use a basic mouse. It may be expensive, but it's certainly worth the extra.

RATING:

0 comments:

Post a Comment