Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Computer games are not just for kids


OK, so I'm the wrong side of 40. OK, OK, so I'm the wrong side of 50 too. Why should kids have all the fun? After all, I was playing computer games long before they were born. Not that they would be impressed by the wire-frame graphics of classics like Elite. I was though. Spent bloody hours crashing into space stations before I could afford the docking computer.

If you can still remember the thrill of achieving Elite status, or if Manic Miner took your breath away (preferably before Willy ran out of oxygen), then you have come to the right place. Ageing Gamer will reminisce about such delights, and bugger what the kids think.

But Ageing Gamer will be about a lot more than reminiscing. Yes, I loved the old games, but they wouldn't hack it with me now. Not even Half-Life 1 would cut it now. I'll be looking at the latest and greatest. After all, now that I can actuall afford a ninja PC, why shouldn't I see what it can do? So, I'll be reviewing the hottest new games as well, or at least as many as I can get my hands on.

OK, so grab your joystick, forget about your 'adult' worries, and come along with me for the ride...

1 comments:

SunPath said...

HI Methuselah,

Thanks for following me on Twitter. Hey, have you seen our game Wandering Willows?

It's a role-playing game for the casual audience and it's quite addicting.

http://www.playfirst.com/game/wandering-willows

Post a Comment